Monday, April 11, 2011

Work Day


Today was my "work day." My business has grown enough that I now have a day set aside each week that I try to devote to putting some real focused time in my "secret lab" downstairs. :) Today wasn't a particularly productive day, due to a necessary, but not-so-fun dentist appointment that broke up my morning and threw off my groove. But I did make that butterfly bow, and it did make me happy. :) I still love the feeling of seeing the finished work come together whenever I make something. I am thankful to have "the Pixies" as an outlet! I'm pretty busy at the moment still catching up on orders from last week's grand opening... but I think that it will soon settle into a hopefully steady routine that will be able to have a good place in my life. I've been thinking a lot lately about how in life we are happiest when we walk through the doors that are open. For months I've been banging on a door that seems to be shut for the time being. But meanwhile, the door to an amazing, challenging, fun business has opened for me, and I am trying to be thankful for the doors that are open instead of bitter about the ones that are closed for now.

No comments: