Monday, April 4, 2011

Buried!

So if you've wondered where I've been since we got home... I've been buried in preparations for the opening of my new website today. http://www.mylittlepixies.com is an official reality this morning! :) I'm so excited for this new venture, and I'm very pleased with how well the website came together. Now, no one may decide to shop there, and maybe that will be a  problem... and maybe TOO many people will decide to shop there, and that could be a problem too. I really have no idea how it's going to turn out. But I do know that after over a year's experience making and selling hair clips online, that the new website is MUCH better than my Etsy site ever was! There are SO many more options for setup than I had with Etsy. And if it actually works, it's going to significantly cut down on the amount of maintenance time I have to spend on my computer! Of course, I have no idea what level of contribution Etsy's internal advertising system has had on my success to date, so getting away from the community site might be detrimental to sales for awhile... but in the end, I think it's going to be a good move for me. And who cares if it's slower for awhile?! I've been way too busy lately anyway!

And clearly, I need to make some cute bows for this little lady's pigtails! Isn't she sweet?!

No comments: