I really do intend to restart blogging (almost) daily, as it's part of my "reclaim joy" campaign (more on that later when I have time to write). But it's NMF (not my fault) I couldn't last night- we were out of town in Chicago! We ran the Shamrock Shuffle this morning (next post) and stayed over at the McDonald's Hyatt in Oakbrook last night.
I really like that hotel. Hotwire has put us there twice now and we've been very happy both times, both with the quality and the price (only $68 after taxes!) The best part is probably the pool
Carolyn's swimming lessons have really been paying off. She's so much more confident in the water and really loves to swim now. The teacher is recommending that she move up to the "Eel" class for her next session, and she can now swim at least a little way even without the floaties. We work on that as much as we can because we want her to be able to really swim on her own!
Nora is not taking swimming lessons yet (though I may do a Mommy and Me class with her next session at the same time Carolyn has class), but our frequent visits to the pool have made her really begin to enjoy the water. She likes to hold on tight to my swimsuit, but she kicks her legs and splashes around and has a good time. :)
Daddy has as much fun as the kids do. :) I love to see him enjoying time with the girls!



No comments:
Post a Comment