It's been a really wet April here! Hopefully that means a more brilliant spring- I bet it does. :) It's been taking its time getting warm, too- I'm really ready for the nice weather to be here!
Today we had some thunderstorms roll through, and it rained pretty hard for awhile, then the sun burst out and there was a rainbow and some very nice puddles for little feet. :)
I think she liked the splash-splash her feet made in the wet driveway.
Isn't Nora sweet next to my daffadowndillies?:)
Carolyn was really excited to get outside and be allowed to splash in puddles. I love this picture of pure joy on her face- I'd like it better if the background were better... but I caught the moment- and that's good because it didn't last very long- about five seconds after this picture, she chased that ball nearly into the street, which resulted in her immediate removal to the house and subsequent disciplinary measures. Running nearly into the street is a big no-no. I will be glad when she begins to have a bit more impulse control- I just don't trust her yet outside alone because I never know if it will be one of those times she just doesn't pay attention!
Other news... today was a big milestone for Nora- for the first time, she took her OWN SELF to the potty and took care of #2 there completely unprompted! I was in another room, and came quickly to the call of "Mommy, POOPY!" expecting to find soiled underpants... and instead found her perched up on the potty seat, proud as punch over her great achievement. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment