Friday, April 29, 2011

Toes

Carolyn had her "observation day" today in her new pre-K class for the fall, and so Nora spent the day at Appletree and I got to take Carolyn out for a little while after her visit day. :) We went and got our toenails done. It was fun to do something together- though I do wish that the people at the nail salon had spoken better English because they seemed to think I wanted a full-out pedicure while my 4-year-old just sat there waiting- and I couldn't seem to communicate to them that what I really wanted was just to have our toenails painted together! Oh well, in the end it cost about $20 more than I wanted it to and was a lot more boring for Carolyn than I planned- but we both have cute flowers on our toes, so that's something! The salon was inside a Meijer store, so it's entirely possible (though not confirmed :)) that we ended up in the toy department where Carolyn got to unexpectedly select a toy that she did not need- but nonetheless brought her great joy. :) It's fun to just give joy sometimes. :) I LOVE this girl. :)

No comments: