Beware: many pictures following. Most likely no one will be interested but grandparents. But here it is: Dance Recital 2010- the Blog Update. :)
I kept Carolyn home with me on the day of the dress rehearsal and took Nora to school so I could just focus on one child since the preparation was a bit... intense.
First I gooped up Carolyn's hair with mousse and hairspray and rolled it up in these foam rollers. She (surprisingly) took a nap, and then we got ready to primp up for the rehearsal.
The rollers actually worked! Carolyn was so excited to see her curly hair! I felt a little bit like I was helping her get ready for prom.
All ready to go... and I think someday when she does go to prom, I will post her prom picture next to this one! She looks so grown up all dolled up like this!
But of course, thankfully for me, she is still only three (almost four) and the flash forward into life 14 years from now was only temporary. I'm not ready to get there yet! There's still too much fun to have between now and then!
At the dress rehearsal they let us stand up by the stage and take lots of pictures. I took over 100. Here are a few of the best ones. Carolyn is all the way on the end on the left.They were all so cute!
Hands up!
The whole line-up.
They did a lot of these "up and down" moves.
Their song was called "Here Comes the Ice Cream Man." The Ice Cream Man hit his head right before they took the stage and he didn't want to do it anymore... but he did just fine on the night of the real performance. :)I also got to videotape the dress rehearsal. The quality's pretty bad because I just sort of set the video camera down on the stage and took mostly still pictures. My friend Dawn got better video and I'll upload hers one of these days when I get it. Also for our "nominal" $68 concert fee, we not only got our tickets to the show, but also a professionally produced DVD of the performance- and a yellow shirt. :) Dance is expensive! But Carolyn enjoys it. :)
On the day of the "real thing," my friend Leah did Carolyn's hair for us. Carolyn decided not to take a nap that day, so she was a little crankier than the day of the dress rehearsal and we were in too much of a hurry to take many pictures before the show... so I'm glad I got good ones the day of the rehearsal.
Here is Carolyn before the show with her little best friend Kennedy. Kennedy lives across the street from us and they have so much fun together. They were both so excited last night!
The performance was wonderful; Carolyn and all the little pink sparkly tutus were very cute. It was fun to be able to celebrate her accomplishments and hard work. Aside: I clearly took absolutely no care with my own personal appearance this day- must have been too focused on Carolyn to care what I looked like myself! Eesh! I think Billy Blanks and his Tae Bo torture need to re-enter our home... ugh!






2 comments:
Wish I could have been there. But, pictures are the next best thing. Thanks EB and Carolyn.
ok that made me think of samantha. i have the same pictures of sam at that age and beyond. she took many years of dance. think i will have to get some of those pics out and scan them so you can see them
Post a Comment