Monday, May 10, 2010

Butterflies


Sometimes an idea just works. More than half the time it seems, it doesn't... but today was one of those days when it just did.

I've been wanting to try this design for awhile now, and had a little bit of time this afternoon, so I did it! And I loved how the butterflies came out. :)

Even Carolyn consented to wear one for awhile.

Nora, too, though here she's much more concerned about the last bit of her ice cream sandwich that fell on the ground. :)

Even in a totally candid, non-professional picture, I still think they looked really cute.

Actually, so did rather a lot of people on my Facebook and Etsy sites tonight. And I'm reminded once again of the bipolar nature of a little venture like this. Some days I have a "hit," like today, but lots of other times I work really hard on something and love it and no one comments or says anything... days or weeks go by without a sale, and I start to feel discouraged. So it's pretty up and down. And I just have to remember that for me the real joy isn't in making money; it's in making pretty things and using my creativity. And I got to do that today- and- bonus- some people gave me a pat on the back about it... but even if they hadn't, it would still have been worth doing. And that is something. :)

No comments: