Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Adventures in Self Feeding

The other day I let Nora practice feeding herself with a spoon and some "smoothie" we were having for a snack. I thought she looked so funny that I got the camera out to document the process. The pictures sort of speak for themselves, but I'll narrate a little. :)
Excited to get to hold the spoon.
Practicing getting it to the mouth (side note: we think she might actually be left handed! She certainly favors that hand when eating or drawing... probably too early to tell though).
Soooo good!
More slurping.
Can I hold the bowl, too Mama?
Telling the smoothie she is "all done."
Waving bye-bye to it.
Mommy didn't come get it fast enough so we transitioned into tactile experience time. :)
She was a very happy camper. :)
And by way of reminiscing, here's an early self-feeding experience her sister had! Our children are messy. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

hahah.. this is awesome, eb. what a fun little bean.

Corrie and Phil said...

Whose children aren't messy? I would like to meet them. We have DOZENS of similar pictures. :)