Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wiped Out

You know I'm really off when I've missed my "pic of the day" blog for days in a row... because I haven't even taken any pictures! In fact, the camera batteries are dead and have been for some time... and I haven't recharged them. I've been working very hard on my inventory for the craft show today... I was much better organized this time and felt a lot more confident and made about twice as much money, so that was nice... but I feel confirmed again in my feelings that I am not craft show material! I do not like the pressure of getting ready for them, and this is now the second one I have done that has been S-L-O-W. I had some periods of activity today and definitely did come out in the black financially, but a lot of the day I just sat there. Can you say B-O-R-I-N-G?! There are so many variables when it comes to live shows like this- the weather, the football game on TV, the advertising done by the people running the show, etc... that there's no way to tell whether a show will be "good" or not until you are there. This one had a reputation for being one of the best in town- but it's under new coordination this year and so I don't think it was adequately advertised. People seemed to trickle in and out, but there was never a point when it was crowded with people like the crafters who'd been there before said it has been in the past. So in a way I was disappointed. But in another way, I feel good about it because I've learned some important things. I made another list of things to try next time (I still have two more I'm committed to), and hopefully the next two will at least be busier! But overall, I think I've found my niche and my passion just working online, and although there are ups and downs with that, I think for the most part, I'm trending toward "up." I've been receiving fairly regular orders from people all over the country, and I like to think I'm helping them make the world a more beautiful place. :)

No comments: