I've been trying to "freeze" motion by changing the shutter speed on my camera.
I practiced today with Carolyn shaking her hair.
I think she's kind of *a lot* cute.
This is a strange game we sometimes play at the dinner table, called "My Head Fell Off." Not sure exactly how it evolved, but to play, a person takes an apple slice, bites off a small part of it, leaving the skin hanging, and then animates the severed apple like a mouth, open and closed... saying "blub blub blub..." and then, at the climax... bites the little piece off and says "AAAA! My head fell off!" [hence, the name of the game.]
I didn't blog yesterday because I (gasp!) didn't take any pictures, not even for my Picture of the Day blog... and I'm starting to get busy again getting ready for my next show on the 16th. It's supposed to be a really big one at a local elementary school, where there are likely to be more shoppers of the right clientele.... so I'm trying to get prepared... but it seems like the harder I try to find time, the less of it there seems to be!
In other exciting news, Nora is making progress toward potty training- bit surprise because she is so young yet, but we'll take whatever progress we can get! She has pooped on the potty twice this week, and tonight she went #1 two separate times! She is so thrilled with herself when she can make it happen- and she loves to sit on the potty and read stories. Brings me back a few years to when I was pregnant with Nora and potty training Carolyn and all the time I spent in public restrooms. I'm not at all in a hurry for Nora to train- frankly, diapers are easier- but in parenting it seems like there are sometimes "windows" of opportunity- if you miss one, another will come, but you sometimes have to wait awhile- so if this is one of those potty windows, I don't want to miss it. :) It will be different potty training one as young as Nora- Carolyn was very physically ready by the time she decided she was emotionally ready- so it was really quite easy training her. Nora is very interested, but probably not nearly as physically ready, so I would expect progress to be significantly slower. But I'm proud of her, and excited that she's taking a new step toward becoming a big girl. Of course... if she DOES potty train around the age of two... I'm not sure where we will find pants small enough for her without the bulk of the diaper! She's so tiny as it is!




No comments:
Post a Comment