Monday, October 18, 2010

Robinettes with the Crowds

Went to Robinette's yesterday. It was wall-to-wall people. Never seen it that crowded! The line for donuts was really long, so we got some kettle corn and cider for a snack. The girls both loved it- especially Nora. Nora likes popcorn better than donuts!

Here's Carolyn looking beautiful in the posh posy headband I made for her- she was so excited about it, and it made me feel so good. :)
And Nora in the new felt flowers I had a ball making yesterday. As a side note, it was SO nice to just do something in my "lab" for the simple love of it. I didn't work on anybody's order or try to get anything ready for a craft show- I simply got to create, and I LOVED it. Reminds me why I'm doing this. Filling orders and doing craft shows are great... but the reason I'm doing it is not to make money with it (though a little extra here and there IS nice...)- I'm doing it because I just love to make things, and starting a business has been a very stimulating mental challenge!
Nora really did love the kettle corn (keh-coh! keh-coh!)
I like this picture because it shows a little bit of the relationship these sisters have. Nora simply idolizes her sister (though she is beginning to hold her own in the inevitable squabbles). She follows her around and always wants to know where she is. Yesterday when she couldn't find Carolyn she was putting her hands by her mouth and shouting "Caaaay-en!"

We took a few pictures by the big pumpkins.
They're kinda silly and not really framing material... but I like them- they are "where we are" right now. :)
And this one is a picture where all the elements of light and composition are all wrong, but everything else is just right. Sisters, holding hands, loving each other, and being so happy (at least for this moment) that they share that bond that only siblings can.

No comments: