Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whooped

Tonight as I sat at the table, holding Nora in my lap as she gleefully smeared paint all over me, herself, the table, and a little bit of the paper, and Carolyn sat nearby happily smashing the paintbrushes all over the paper... and felt so tired that I might have fallen asleep right in the middle of the chaos, I sort of wished there was a hidden camera in my house that could capture this moment that is so descriptive of our life right now!! It has been an extremely busy week! Lots of good things going on... I've had some really wonderful business making clips, which makes me happy- I've come out with some really fun new products and found some more interesting ways of marketing myself, and in the typical cycle of ups and downs involved in starting a new business, it's definitely been an UP week. :) 

So that's been good... I also had a shift at the pharmacy this week, which is a welcome departure from our usual routine, and a nice opportunity for a bit of spending money (which typically gets funneled into buying lots more ribbons for my habit/hobby), and a meeting at work today. So with keeping up with trying to make my clients very HAPPY and ferrying the kids to school so I could get to work... I've been up EARLY in the morning and staying up way too late due to insomnia and being too busy... I am just bushed tonight!!

There were many moments today when I wanted to fall through the floor... I've just been out of sorts... probably hormonal/PMS/just being plain grouchy... didn't have a great tolerance. My "favorite" moment of the day was when I walked into the post office to mail something internationally and found a line out the door with grouchy post office waiters... and I just groaned as I released my two little Tasmanian devils to wreak havoc on the post office and the evil greeting cards they have so temptingly displayed! The best part of the experience was when I was standing there trying to fill out the paperwork and not focusing on holding in my midsection and my daughter came up to me and patted my stomach and said ''MOMMY, IS THERE A BABY IN THERE?" Wonderful. Wonderful. Yes, Carolyn, I wish that was a baby... but it's just a nice fluffy part of Mommy that doesn't want to go away!!

And so now it's time to relax, and hit the hay early!! Good night, blogosphere!

No comments: