We had a cooking afternoon. Carolyn borrowed a repurposed pharmacy smock to protect her clothes while she "helped" me make raspberry jam with all our raspberries from the other day. Now we have 10 jars- about 10 times more than we will eat this year! So if you want some yummy raspberry freezer jam, just say the word. :)
We also harvested the basil leaves from our plants to make a vat of pesto. I tried a new kind of cheese for the pesto and was favorably impressed. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed by the fact that we are leaving for 9 days on Saturday! I'm sad about leaving the girls, anxious that something might happen to them while we're gone... and kinda stressed out about everything there is to do to try to get off on such a monumental adventure!! I've never been to Alaska before! It still seems sort of unreal that we are going to be on a boat going there in just a week! I'm going to miss the girlies like crazy, but it will be so nice to have some good uninterrupted adult time with Brad. We did this once before and it really helped reconnect us... like most parents, "we" sometimes get lost in the shuffle of diapers and naps and playtime and dinner and dishes and laundry. Every once in awhile, a break from everything is so nice. So the slogan from Princess Cruises really does fit- "Escape Completely."


1 comment:
we are taking that exact same cruise on the exact same line next may yeah!
Post a Comment