Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back for Blueberries


We went out to Holland with Nana and Papa today to pick blueberries to actually keep... pictures were secondary this time, but of course I still took some. It was actually a much better day for pictures since the sun was behind some clouds... but I have nowhere near Kasey's talent... still, I like some of the pictures. :)

Nora of course mostly ate blueberries.

Carolyn wasn't in the mood for pictures so I mostly have shots of her back. But I do like this one where she is reaching up high for the berry...

After awhile they both got tired of picking and wanted to sit in the wagon and eat all the blueberries (or, in Nora's case, have fun poking them through the holes in the wagon). We made them stop that and go back to eating the berries off the bushes. :)

I enjoy these Sister Pictures.

I am so glad to have two girls. :) Sometimes my heart still squeezes with longing for a third (or more), but there are other times when I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude for these two little lives we have been entrusted with that I almost forget about how much I wish another one was on the way! Guess that's saying something... I think God is answering my prayer for contentment in my current circumstances. And that does make life more manageable. :)

Really, how could you NOT be joyful with this little one in your life?!
And with two to keep up with, hopefully I will be kept busy mommying them until God chooses to allow that next one to come along. :) I have been re-doing the Bible study I was going through two years ago after I miscarried the first time (Stepping Up by Beth Moore), and today's lesson was on Psalm 127, where it says, "Except the Lord buildeth the house, they labor in vain that build it." It was a good reminder of who really holds the blueprints to our "house." I so deeply hope and pray that it does include at least a couple more additions... but I guess I just don't get to make that decision... and in times of feeling out of control and sad because my plans haven't exactly panned out as I expected... I go back to remember that "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." May it be so.

No comments: