Sometimes I don't blog because I know the next thing I have to blog about will take awhile because there's either so many pictures to sort through or too much to say. In this case, it's because there are so many pictures! I kind of feel like I'm running around in circles lately just trying to catch up! I'm so thrilled that my new little business is having a nice burst of activity... but it's keeping me SUPER busy between making stuff for people and trying to keep up with new listings and my Facebook fan page (which now has over 200 fans! Cool!) So anyway, something suffers... lately it's been both the blog and my sanity... I totally NEED to write to decompress about all the stress in my life lately and I still don't feel like I've been able to fully process everything that happened this summer... or my fears about what may be around the corner... and somehow writing is necessary for me to come to terms with things, and seeing the printed words that express what I believe about how people can survive hard things and cope with fears that threaten to overwhelm... helps me truly believe them. But... when I have the time to write, the words just don't want to come... and when the words are ready, I just don't the time. So you see the vicious circle. But back to the picture post...
On Tuesday morning Nana took us all to the barn to visit her horse, Streaker. Carolyn has been a couple times before and seemed the pretty intimidated those times, but this time, whether because Emily was there, or what, she seemed to be able to face her fear and enjoy herself in spite of it! [this child is so much like me it is not funny at all...]

She wasn't quite sure what to think about Streaker at first.
But Emily jumped right in and grabbed a brush and soon Carolyn followed suit, and Nana had some nice helpers to brush the lower part of Streaker's sides...

Nora wanted to help, but Mommy wouldn't let her get too close. She is very small, and unpredictable!
So while the others brushed, she stood there and meowed at the barn cat that followed us everywhere. It was a very friendly cat- the first cat she ever met, and she was smitten!
And I love this picture of her by the side of the barn.
After Streaker was brushed and saddled, the girls actually got to RIDE on him! I would totally have bet quite a bit of money that Carolyn would not have anything to do with getting up on that saddle... but I would have lost! Both girls had a wonderful time!
Emily went first since she is the oldest and probably bravest of the two...

Then Carolyn had a turn and she really did like it!

It was a dream come true for Nana to see the girls start to fall in love with horses... Nana has a wonderful yearly tradition of going to Montana to ride at a ranch (I got to go once, 5 years ago!) and one day she hopes to take the grandkids along!
You can see how happy she was to take Carolyn and Emily around on Streaker!

Nora was a bit of a handful while the riding was going on... she was fascinated by the dirt... but we managed to keep her in check.
And eventually she even got a turn, though she wasn't quite sure what to think about that!
A pretty, friendly white barn cat helped distract the girls from more dangerous or dirty pursuits.
Seriously, I love how big her bottom is compared with the rest of her! :) Super cute little cowgirl. :)
Fun day, a really special time with family. :) Wish the light had been better in the arena for pictures... but I did the best I could!









No comments:
Post a Comment