Saturday, December 10, 2011

Snowman Cupcakes

I "Pinned" this idea this week. 

It was supposed to look like this:
Ours didn't turn out quite like that... they got a little squished...
 But some of them really did turn out cute like the picture! 
 We made a terrific mess. 
But it felt really good to see an idea, get the stuff to do it, and actually ACCOMPLISH it! :)

I've been thinking about success lately... about how so much of my experience in life, whether discouraging or otherwise, depends on how I define success. I have a friend who is someone I think of frequently when I think of a person who has been successful at defining reachable expectations for herself- reaching just a little beyond where she is into a bit of what she can become- and seeing herself succeed in getting there bit by bit. I tend to see fantastic possibilities for myself that I could never really quite attain... and consequently fall short a lot and really, despite the fact that I accomplish a lot in each day, I often end the day feeling discouraged that I didn't do more. I want to be more like my friend Katie- bite off closer to the amount I can actually chew, celebrate the successes and try to modulate my visionary nature! Good luck... it's pretty hard to turn that off... but I can try! :)

No comments: