Friday, December 9, 2011

Fancy

Our house is Fancy for the first time this year! :) After 9 Christmases without external incandescent signs of festivity, Brad put lights on the trees out front this year! 10th time was the charm, I guess. :) Or maybe it's just the amount of "Fancy Nancy" we've been reading lately.

We are trying to take as many opportunities as possible to enjoy each other and the holiday season this year- with the crazy busy schedules we all have, it's harder than you'd think- but so important to be making memories together.

The past week has been a challenging one for me with yet another disappointment (coupled with happy announcements from at least four people that I know this week... as happy as I am for them, I can't help but feel all the more "broken" when it seems like I'm again the last one picked for the team, rejected once again, despite many anguished requests to be chosen), but I'm trying to again pick up the pieces, remember how much I have to be grateful for, and continue to ask God to give me peace and heal my hurting heart. I don't really feel like writing about it right now, don't want to cry about it any more today, and just want to go to bed and wake up more cheerful tomorrow. But I appreciate your prayers and support during this season. I know tomorrow is a new day, and I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning. And I'm thankful for the happy faces of bright, innocent childhood that greet me each day with hugs and kisses and more love than I could ever begin to deserve.

No comments: