Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Taking Pictures Again!

Wow, the last week has been a crazy one! I think maybe this past week has been the low point for number of pictures taken since Carolyn was born! If you can't tell, I take pictures nearly every day, but I was so wrapped up in taking care of a sick child and husband, working and trying to keep the house clean, and desperately hoping I wouldn't catch the Bug myself that I really hardly snapped any! But I'm happy to say that my camera and I are back in business. And our main subject is just as cute as ever- though somewhat diminished in size as a result of the events of the past 2 weeks.Here Carolyn enjoys her first Camel Ride on the Original Camel- the very same Camel who gave me rides to bed when I was a little girl- slightly balder (he says this is my fault for drooling in his hair when I used to ride on his shoulders) but the ride is just as much fun (as Carolyn will one day learn when she is old enough to not be scared of falling off... no doubt, her own Daddy Camel will give her plenty of practice as she grows :))
Here Carolyn tastes her first raw carrot- Grandma thought it might be soothing for sore gums (two molars coming in at the same time- one on top and one on bottom)- and Carolyn quite agreed. She enjoyed munching on the carrot until she saw that Buster the Dog had another carrot, then she abandoned her own and went after his. Buster the Dog jumped at the opportunity, swallowed the rest of his carrot and seized hers, too!
Yesterday we actually got out of the house for awhile! We visited a local public pool with Aidan, Christi, Caimon, and Lenore. Carolyn didn't enjoy the experience as much as I'd hoped she would- she was really too tired and cranky for something so exciting and pretty much cried the whole time. I think she will enjoy stuff like this more when she is walking like the other two because then she will be able to move around more without worrying that her head will go under the water. Still, I had a nice time getting wet and spending time with friends! We're hitting the beach this Friday as a group and I'm looking forward to that. :)
I have been searching for one of these shopping carts for months and I finally found one! Carolyn loves it! It steers much better than any of the other push-type toys I've found and will serve her well as she grows older and her imagination starts to develop. :) Thanks Grandpa and Great Grandma for putting it together!! Sadly, I broke it as soon as we got home from Grandma's... but I managed to fix it, so all's well that ends well, I suppose. :)
Carolyn finally got to spend some time with Great Grandma (Brad's grandma) who is visiting from Florida. She's been here 3 weeks, but we've been out of town or sick almost the whole time so we haven't been able to see her much. We hope she comes back for Christmas. :)

Well, that's all for now. Carolyn has had a much better today today than she's had for more than a week, and I'm so thankful! We went to the library and played with the train (and the other children surrounding the train) and she really seemed like her old self again. Welcome back, baby! I missed you!

2 comments:

Rohrer Family said...

Yea, Carolyn!! We are so sorry that she has been so sick... :( Especially since she and Brad picked it up from Emma... thanks for loving us anyway. :)

Michelle said...

i remember a shopping cart like that! i don't know if it was mine or not, but i distinctly remember running it up and down granny and papa's street with my cabbage patch doll, Cecily, in it.