Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Milestone

30 years ago today... this is where I was. Looking at this picture, I know exactly what my mother was thinking at that moment... because I've had that exact same expression on my face twice now in my life... there are some really awesome things about being a mom, and one of them is that you know just exactly how much your own mother loves you.

I had a whole blog post planned out in my head, complete with video montage and really insightful things to say about leaving my 20s, turning 30, the brevity of life, and the faithfulness of God. But to be honest, it's been a really long, hard day. Not really so much because of the Birthday (though I've been dreading it for months), but just all the little annoyances of life that seemed to all stack up on top of each other (the tantrums, the whining, the DOG, etc, etc, etc)... and I think if I wrote the post now, it would be more about the inevitability of death than anything else, and who wants to read about that?! Hopefully I'll get a chance to write about what I really wanted to say because at least in my head it was really therapeutic to write about it as I pass this first of the Big Birthdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday EB!!! Hope my cousin was good to you. I will join your club in two years..... Miss you guys. Love Mary