Friday, May 30, 2008

Gardening

Ever wonder what the exact expression is on Carolyn's face when she wants something? Well, this is it! :)
Yesterday we planted some flowers in our garden. I found an inexpensive little gardening set months ago and brought it out for her. She loved it! For a little girl whose first concern when she falls down is usually that her hands are dirty, she sure had a fun time with all that dirt!
She liked to dig it up in the spade and watch it fall.
She especially liked the watering can (wah-can).
She liked watering the ground near the flowers but didn't quite get the concept of watering ON the flowers. :)
She made a shhhhh sound as she poured the water out.
Inevitably the water was soon gone, and she was very intent on getting some more... she surely is my daughter- the intensity with which she wants something when she wants it and not a moment later rivals my own. :)
We're going away for the weekend to Traverse City with some friends of ours. Ammy and Papa are coming to stay with Carolyn for tonight through tomorrow night. It's only the second time we'll be away from her and even though I've done it before for much longer when we went on our cruise... I'm still a little nervous and I know I will miss her. But it will be good for Brad and I to get some good time just to be "us" and to enjoy some friends who are also taking a brief little visit back to pre-baby land. We will (hopefully) have fun, but we'll be excited at the same time to return because there really is no greater job in the world than the one God entrusts to parents. :)

5 comments:

pb said...

She is too cute and her hair is getting so....Brooklyn has the same gardening set :)

pb said...

She is too cute and her hair is getting so long....Brooklyn has the same gardening set :)

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe carolyn's beautiful hair! i was a bald baby, and didn't have voluminous hair like that until... well, i still don't :)

Kara said...

Allie has that same little dress, but in a size that she likely won't wear for many more months. But after seeing how cute Carolyn looks in it, I'm excited for her to grow into it! And seriously, EB, where do you get the adorable hair bows? I am at a total loss to deal with Allie's uncontrollable mane of hair, so I think I'll start trying to copy the styles I see Carolyn modeling!

Rohrer Family said...

Boy do I see you in that last picture. :) It's the eyes.. hope you had a good weekend!