We "escaped" home this weekend at went to Chicago to visit Michelle and Bryan. I just needed to be someplace other than our usual surroundings. So it was the perfect place to go. It was nice to have some other people around to distract us.

We took Carolyn to see some ducks, to her great delight- she loves ducks- and any book about ducks!!

Auntie Em did Carolyn's hair in French braids and also painted her toenails (it's an Aunt job :)) I have not stopped hearing about her pink toes since we got home. Carolyn doesn't like wearing socks right now because she always wants to see her toes. :)

On Saturday we went to the Brookfield Zoo and Carolyn had a really fun time looking at the animals, even though it was a little cold.

We've been at the park a lot lately, too. Carolyn's smiles and giggles are so good for my heart! She is such a ball of joy and it's really impossible to be in the depths of despair when she is there. I'm so thankful for her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment