Saturday, May 17, 2008

Visiting Virginia

So we're up to our usual travels again. :) This weekend we're in Virginia with our good friends Anne and Chris Lograsso. We got to be friends in Phoenix and have stayed in contact for the past 3 years (blogs help!) and the minute we got here, it seemed like no time had passed at all since the last time we saw each other. Great friends are like that! We are having a wonderful time with them- and their beautiful daughter Grace. :)

The real purpose for this trip is more than social. For the past several months, both Brad and I have been really feeling an inner pull toward the Virginia area- we really can't explain it, but when we think about places to live, we get so excited about being in this area! So we are here, partly to catch up with friends and partly to get an idea of whether we might actually relocate to this area of the country when Brad's done with residency. It's exciting and scary at the same time. Brad has a couple of interviews on Monday with some practices in Fredericksburg- about an hour south of where Anne and Chris live in Springfield- a bit out of the city in a more loosely populated place, but with a big hospital and pretty close to a lot of history and cool things to do. So we'll see how that pans out. I get to go with him on Monday and Carolyn is staying here with Baby Grace for her nap- so I imagine there will be more to think about after Monday. Pray for us if you think about it that God's leading would be very clear. Sorry Michigan- I'm really rooting for Virginia! It is an awesome place!!

Last night we pulled out the strollers and WALKED to the park- and not a boring walk either, there were all kinds of beautiful big trees and a nice shady path. It was a lovely walk. I need to live close to a park like this someday.
Also, I hope very much that I will be able to have the great joy of being mommy to a 9-month-old again- they are so JOYFUL!
It's been fun to watch Brad and Chris together- Brad especially is too busy at work and with everything else we have going on to have much guy time, so it is really fun for him to have another guy to hang out with!
Here are our precious girls, having their after-breakfast story time.

Today it was lovely outside and we went to see Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington. It was so cool to be able to just drive 20 minutes and see something so fun! We didn't actually go inside the house because the 50 minute wait to get in the door, but we stood outside for a picture all together and went over to the working farm side of the estate so Carolyn could see the animals.

I love how these pictures of Carolyn came out. There was a lady spinning wool and while Carolyn didn't like the sheep (too noisy), she was fascinated by the wool spinning lady and the spinning wheel!
I think she should be in some of the promotional material for Mount Vernon she is so cute! :)

She also very much enjoyed peering over the fence at the sheep in the fields. They were not so noisy as the one that was being sheared in the barn area.
Our family. :) I was so glad to finally get a good family picture! It's been awhile!

5 comments:

Transplant said...

It looks like the sort of place we would enjoy getting to visit you.

Glad you are having fun!

Ginger said...

Well EB I don't know if you already know but Sam and BJ leave in about 5 weeks to move to Virginia Beach for three years for seminary. Looks like a beautiful place. In know that my heart will be in Virginia for at least 3 years. I must say that my heart in breaking over this one. Hop e the interviews go well.

Rohrer Family said...

Wow, we will be praying for you today! Keep us posted on your progress.

Love you.

Rachel said...

I LOVE Virginia. Not only is it one of the prettiest places I have ever been, but it is so rich in history. When I read your criteria of things you wanted in a place to live I couldn't help but think that you were unknowingly an East Coast girl at heart! Go East Coast!!!!! Enjoy your time there!

Anonymous said...

how exciting for you irvings... and can i say i really like your wavy hair?! (kind of reminds me of what you used to call "sticks"-hee hee)