On Friday ALL of our little playgroup was finally together again! It's been awhile and there are a lot of changes coming up in our little group. We've all four of us (well eight really if you count the kids) been at the same place in life (and geographically) for the past two years and it has been so much fun to share this season of wonder and excitement of watching our firstborn children grow from itty bitty babies into these amazing, unique individuals, ready at the age of two to take on the world (at least they think they are)! Now it seems that life is taking us in different directions than we might have expected. I had sort of thought (hoped) we'd all be pregnant again at the same time and have our second children be the same age. It just didn't work out that way. As of now there's only one new baby on the way- Caimon will be a big sister in December. It's tough sometimes for me when I feel surrounded by pregnant women (I seriously am- today I counted 18 people that I know who are expecting- about 10 of whom conceived during these past months when we've been "trying!" It is hard not to be jealous, especially after the loss, but I am learning to accept God's role as Master Builder of our family "house" and it does ease the pain the more I focus on Him and not my circumstances). Even still, I am truly happy for Lenore; she is a great mom and having a brother or sister will bring so much to Caimon's life. Two others of us have been trying for some time now without success, and the other is getting ready to move to another city without really a whole lot of advance notice. It seems likely too that we will move next summer, so this will likely be our last West Michigan summer. :( [but the flip side to that is that it will also probably be our last winter, too!]
So it seems that our days together as we've known them are limited. It's bittersweet. I am thankful for these friends who have shared so much of this special part of life with me and Carolyn. I feel a special bond with all their kids because they have been such a big part of the backdrop of the past 2 years of watching Carolyn grow- a constant in a season of incredible change happening right before my eyes. I know that God brought them into my life for a reason- we've learned a lot from each other- and from watching each other's kids grow and realizing the true individuality of each child. All our kids are within 2 weeks of each other, but they really couldn't be more different- and that's okay! So we're looking forward to enjoying a few more golden weeks together. We're taking the kids for group pictures at Penney's on Friday, then going to the zoo the following Friday, and having a birthday party for all 4 on June 13. I'm sure that those of us who can will still get together, but it will never be quite the same without everyone there. :(
So we're relishing every minute we get together as friends. The kids had a great time at the park on Friday. Aidan is quite the little camera ham- he is so cute and smiles so big for the camera that I just can't help seeing him in almost every shot! :)
Here's a closeup of our little sweetums... wish I could bottle that complexion- I'd make a fortune!
Hello!
Peekaboo
Aren't they super cute?!
And this picture doesn't really fit with the park pictures but it was too cute not to post on the blog. Yesterday Garrett was over and I braved a trip to Costco with two toddlers in tow! Thank goodness for double seats in the shopping cart! :) They seemed to enjoy sitting next to each other- they kept trying to hug one another! So sweet! :)
1 comment:
More great shots with new camera, EB, I especially like the close up of Carolyn. It is sad how far our skin has fallen from its original state, isn't it?
Post a Comment