Nothing says "Summer's Here" in Michigan like some good times strawberry picking!
Today I modulated my to-do list a bit, tried to reduce my expectations of myself, and generally felt less grouchy. I still didn't juggle it all with grace and skill... but at least I did take the girls strawberry picking... and I got my 5 mile run in this afternoon in preparation for our 10K race on Saturday! So I guess that's something.
Here are some pictures of strawberry picking this year.
Carolyn loved eating the strawberries!Nora had her fair share too- I love how brilliant that red is against the blue of her shirt.
Nora was especially efficient and industrious- which surprised me since she is, after all, only two! She really liked picking the berries. I'm excited to take her raspberry and blueberry picking later in the summer!
This picture makes me laugh because that's how it was- Nora picked and picked and picked- she really did pick at least half of what we brought home- and Carolyn mostly sat and ate strawberries and supervised the process. :)
I always have to take a picture of the strawberry in focus and Carolyn out of focus. :) It's a yearly tradition... especially since she still refuses to look the camera in the face!
She found a really wonky strawberry but she had eaten most of it before I got a picture. :)
Yum, yum!
Taking a little break from all her hard work... :)
Tomorrow we may make jam... or more likely we'll wait until the next day... :) I'm nothing if not good at procrastinating!
And now I'm done blogging for tonight. It's Night Two of "Prep for Potter..." we're not dorky enough to go to the 5am start of the Potter series culminating with the midnight showing of the newest movie (okay, we couldn't get tickets ;))- but we are watching through the movies again before we go to the 9pm start double feature! :) Gotta love it!








No comments:
Post a Comment