Tonight we had a much needed low-key family night. We caved and bought Toy Story 3 because they were out of the rentals at Blockbuster and we sort of had our hearts set on seeing it... it wasn't a horrible deal, though it would have been a little cheaper on Amazon... sigh...
It was worth it to sit together on the couch and munch popcorn and just be together. It's been a really busy week with the craft show today (which went significantly better than either of the other two I have done; I still think I'll stick with online sales- and maybe start doing a few "bow parties" at friends' houses in the new year), and all the emotion of having a good friend dealing with something as serious as what's going on with my friend's son Isaac (he is doing very well, though, and she is feeling uplifted by all of the prayer and support, so that is good). We just needed some time together, and so I'm glad we could have it.
Something about having a renewed sense of the fragility and preciousness of life makes me appreciate these sweet girls even more than I usually do. It's possible I allowed Carolyn to set precedent by dancing on the coffee table simply because I thought she was cute.
It wasn't long before she was joined by her sister (and the Ooh-ey)
I think Ooh-ey is Nora's favorite person in the family. She would like it (and preferably "they" as she has now discovered that there are more than one...) to come everywhere with us. I think her special relationship with this guy is very cute- she likes to feed it, put it to bed, and talk to it when she thinks we're not watching. :)




1 comment:
Really good reading here at your blog, including this particular post. I'm coming back for more soon!
Post a Comment