
They've been awfully cute together lately, though this really isn't the best picture. For the past couple days, these two have been disappearing to Carolyn's room during their playtime. It gets really quiet in the house and I step back there to check on things (there's really not much that wouldn't be safe for Nora in Carolyn's room, but a 4-year-old is just not a suitable babysitter for a busy toddler)- and open the door and Carolyn likes to say "Mommy, could you please close the door? We are having sister time." Nora likes to sit in the little chair at the table in there and Carolyn likes to read books to her. SO sweet. :)
Other happenings in our household include Carolyn's melodramatic moanings over her various "Skebeeto" Bites- She tells us that it hurts SO BAD and can she please have some "healing lotion" (aka hydrocortisone), a "cold thing" (aka frozen teether that she likes to put on her boo boos), and a band aid (preferably Princess). Also, we've taken the bold move to attempt to break Nora of the pacifiers- not because I'm in such a hurry to see them go (actually, I kind of miss them because she slept so well with them!), but because I want to spare her the kind of trauma that losing the pipes was for Carolyn when we finally said goodbye to them at age 3. If this attempt fails, I think we'll have to accept the pipes as part of our life until Nora's about four... and I don't think anyone really wants that.
Nora has suddenly just begun to pick up new words now- several a day sometimes. Recently acquired words include: papa, me-mo (elmo), ock (fork), choo choo (train), boo (moo/cow), baa (sheep), hay (horse), book, ball, sih-sih (sister), bee (please), mo (milk/more/i want it now), eee (eye), yo-yo (yogurt), and more that I can't think of right now. She's very cute. It's like she's been "talking" for months, but it's just in the last month or two started to distill into something that I can understand. So fun. :)
1 comment:
I really love that you update often! And I can't wait to see how you like staying home full time! Thank you for always sharing your life! I really learn a lot from you!
Post a Comment