Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Digging the 2.8 :)


Today I got my new camera lens (28-75mm, f 2.8)!! I'm still hopelessly amateur, but I had a lot of fun testing its capabilities today. It was cool that pictures turned out almost without my trying very hard at all. I know I can do better if I'm actually conscious of light and setup... but I am LOVING the wider aperture (bigger opening to let more light in, enabling you to take sharper pictures in lower light situations- like inside).

The girls had school today so no one was home when I got home with the new lens, so I had to start somewhere and consequently got some really amazing shots of the clutter on my kitchen table. :)

And the dog- I took that picture from halfway across the room!

Then after dinner I just randomly took some pictures of the girls playing.

Carolyn doesn't like showing her face when the camera is out, but here's a nice picture of her hair. :)

It's sort of evil that I even took this picture, let alone posting it on my blog... but she's so cute when she cries (she is SO dramatic!!) and how awesome is that blurred background? :)

I tried it out in the bathroom and while I usually hate all bathtub pictures because they always turn out super yellow, the new lens plus the external flash I was able to get at the same time, made these pictures halfway decent. :)

And then after the kids went to bed, I took the new setup outside and took some pictures of my bows... and they turned out great!
I'm pretty geeked about the new lens... and I'm excited to take it to the beach on Friday!!

No comments: