Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome Visitors


We hae some very special guests in our house this weekend. Brad's parents (aka Nana and Papa) are here from South Carolina! On Saturday they move in to a cottage on Lake Michigan for the rest of the summer, but they've been staying the past couple days with us. :) It's been lovely to catch up and we are really looking forward to lots of fun beach days with the girls! The cousins are coming in August and then it will be just really fun.

Today Nana brought home some herb plants for me from the nursery. Carolyn helped Nana pick out some flat stones to put in the pots to help the water drain.

Everyone was very interested in the dirt.
Nora particularly enjoyed the gardening tools.

And of course I looked a little silly taking pictures of all this... but that's what I enjoy about blogging- not just on the days I have something "deep" to say, but just a slice of our really ordinary life.

Tomorrow my side of the family will be here and we will all have another birthday party for Carolyn. It seems to be a little difficult for her to grasp the concept that she's having another birthday party, but she isn't five, not yet. :) I'm not ready for "five" yet; I still have to enjoy "four!" We're looking forward to celebrating together tomorrow and no doubt over showering her with gifts... but it's just so much fun to be able to do something special for her!

Makes me wonder if I really see God in the right light most of the time. If my meager, imperfect imitation is anything reflective of how He sees me... I probably don't really give Him enough credit. I really don't set out each morning to think of how I can make my precious children miserable today. And I love, love, LOVE to give good gifts to them- so much so that I have to hold it back from bursting out to the point where it would not be good for them. I think I am more often than not suspicious of His intentions towards me... but I really shouldn't be. As father delights in giving to his children, and as I as a mother want nothing more than the very best of everything for my girls, so our Father delights in us and is so pleased for us to have the desires of our hearts. I need to remember that.

No comments: