Today we had some good old-fashioned summer fun in the front yard. Fudgesicles were involved, obviously. :) Carolyn didn't want me to take her picture eating her Fudgesicle, but Nora made enough of a mess for both of them.
The pool was the perfect place to slurp them down. Our neighborhood is sort of funny- all the houses are really pretty and nice houses, manicured lawns, etc... but it's overall a pretty "young" neighborhood, so when the weather gets nice, all the brightly colored kid stuff gets hauled out of garages and people set up their blow-up pools in their front yards- ruining the aesthetics of the neighborhood maybe, but having fun all the same. :) Often we'll run over to the neighbors' if their pool is up, and sometimes they'll come over here. The kids just sort of drift from house to house, wherever the cool stuff is out. It's fun living here in the summer. I think there are quite a lot of SAHMs in the neighborhood as well as working moms- it'll be fun to be around more later this summer and maybe I will get to know some of them.

Anyway, Carolyn didn't want me to take her picture eating her Fudgesicle, but she did want me to photograph her running down our little hill to splash into the pool. I took several. :)

This one's my favorite; even got Nora's reaction as she splashes into the water.

Overall, I think the Fudgesicles were a hit. :)

Carolyn "helped" her sister clean off.

Then Mommy got out some bubbles and that was a whole new cycle of fun. Carolyn likes blowing the bubbles and then running all around trying to catch them.

I call this Nora's "ugly face." Can you hear the whine/scream that goes along with it? This is what she does when she wants something REAL bad. Communication skills are improving, but overall, she still has trouble getting her thoughts across... earlier today she was very vocally upset because she kept yelling "OCK! OCK! OCK!" and it took me several minutes to realize that she was asking for a fork. She was all smiles after she got it.

She also makes many other happier faces... this one is HAPPY FACE. Apparently she was pleased. I can't remember what she was so happy about. Likely the fact that I was allowing her to play with the bubble container and wand. She doesn't really like it when someone else blows bubbles, because although she loves the bubbles, she prefers to hold the wand.

She can't really blow bubbles yet, but she makes a great "blowy face."

And she's sure cute, huh?

Big sister's pretty cute, too. I love taking pictures of her looking down at the camera like this. It's a fun way to see her pretty face. :)

She's really big enough to enjoy blowing bubbles this year. I love how her cheeks puff out like that.

And now when she blows, bubbles really come out. This makes her really happy. :)

Look Mommy! I blew a bubble on your camera! Good thing I have insurance on it so I don't worry so much about stuff like that. :)

No afternoon's complete without a sister picture attempt. I like this one because it captures how they feel about each other.

And finally, Nora was D-O-N-E, so we went inside. And that was that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment