We've been spending quite a bit of time at various parks lately (well not VERY lately since for the last week I've been sort of a zombie... but in general...) The kids are really enjoying the nicer weather.
Nora especially is very glad to be a Big Girl this summer. Climbing around and finding various forms of trouble is far superior to sitting/sleeping in a stroller like she was doing last year!
She very much likes being able to climb up onto the play equipment. She's not as big of a fan of getting down off it, though!
Carolyn too is enjoying lots of time to run and jump and play. This park near our house has a sort of obstacle course that she can do this year and she likes to stretch from one thing to the next to stay up off the ground. She's very proud of herself when she finishes.
We found a park with these fun monkey bars that Carolyn can climb. I guess I got the award for lousy mom this day because shortly after I took these pictures, she got her foot tangled in the bars and fell off! Thankfully, she was okay, just shaken up, but it was one of those moments that seem to unfold in slow motion; I tried so hard to get there in time, but I just couldn't stop her from falling. There are moments when I really wish I had "vampire" reflexes (and if this means nothing to you, you should read Twilight.) :)
The Saturday before we left for Memorial Day weekend, we took a family picnic at the park. Fresh watermelon, fried chicken nuggets, Cheetos, lemonade, and time together. It was great.
Also love this camera. Takes really good pictures, even if the operator still doesn't know how to use half the features.







1 comment:
I love that you used a Twilight reference in your blog... you're the coolest mom EVER!
Katie
Post a Comment