Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Fun Weekend

Friday afternoon we looked at each other and asked what we had going on this weekend. It's almost unheard of in our house, but we actually had NOTHING planned!! And it turned out to be a great weekend. We did some playing and some resting and a very little bit of tidying up and it was fun. :)

Saturday morning we took the girls to the Frederick Meijer Gardens to play in the children's garden. It was ferociously hot, but we had a good time anyway. Here Carolyn is in a "cave" pretending to be a bear. This is her "put the camera away NOW Mom" face.

Nora is quickly learning not to look at me when I have that Thing out. :) But... even if I hadn't been taking pictures I'm not sure if she'd have given me the time of day... she was so intent on the sand.

Highlight for the girls is always the water feature where they can play with boats in the model of the Great Lakes.

I'm not sure there's a whole lot of education going on at this point... but they sure have a good time! And we've learned by now to always bring extra clothes. :)

No comments: