Lots of pictures today. Haven't downloaded in awhile. Things have been really crazy and a lot of stuff's been getting neglected! Fall this year seems to have flown by in a series of wet, cooler-than-average days, and already we're nearing the end of October. It hasn't been the most pleasant fall weather-wise, but I'm glad we've still had a chance to get out and do some of the fall-ish things because before we know it, the snow will fall, and fall, and fall... forever...
Last week I went to the apple orchard with my friend Katie and her kids Addie and Grant. The kids had a fun time riding around in the wagon...
Things went well and we picked quite a few apples... but everything fell apart when a bee happened by and all the kids (well my two especially) freaked out!
On Friday, Katie and the twins came over and we made applesauce together. It was a LONG day in the kitchen but now we've got some good sauce to enjoy this winter. :) Nora enjoyed playing with the metal jar lids and stuff.
Saturday, we went out to a farm place with the people Brad works with and enjoyed a (cold!) hayride, bonfire, and fall colors.
Daddy got to be the hero for Carolyn and jump off the moving wagon to grab an ear of corn so she could play with it (and later feed it to the chickens :))
We packed a lot of stuff into this weekend- my family came out for a Fall Extravaganza... there wasn't much in the way of leaf crunching because it was about 40 degrees outside... but we took shelter inside the great Robinette's. There may or may not have been an incident with a donut snatched from inside the box... Nora looks like she's really disappointed to have her hands wiped after getting so close!
And here are just the girls... we're figuring somewhere down the line someone's got to produce some sons or we'll just be an all-estrogen family!
Yesterday we went for a family excursion to Post Family Farms where we picked out some pumpkins to carve on Saturday and Brad selected this lovely hat. :)
She especially liked feeding the sheep- she's really getting so much bolder around animals- a year ago these would have scared her!
Nora was in the back carrier and constantly craning her neck to see the action. I'm continuing to be so thankful for this carrier because Nora is just not at a great developmental stage for outdoor, muddy things. She's scooting/crawling everywhere and just started pulling up to her knees this week.
Nora seemed pretty pleased to get out of the carrier (also, I'm pretty sure she loves this new coat I just HAD to get for her- partly because she needs one, partly because I just loved it and it's the perfect weight for keeping her warm but still being safe in the car seat).Giddyup sisters!








3 comments:
oooh, I can't wait to see what you carve! I think it is just great how much you get out with your kids! I try my darndest to do it, but sometimes, I just want to sit and watch Little Mermaid! Go super mom!
Great picture of Brad running after the wagon with the ear of corn! You can almost hear the conversation leading up to, and following, that moment. :-)
You've inspired me to get a new camera. You've got a great eye for photography and your pictures looks so crisp and clear. I love them.
Post a Comment