This weekend was the weekend of the Freezing Hayride- it's been SO cold here that I feel like we missed Fall altogether and went straight from a cooler-than-average summer into the Yuck that comes between Fall and true Winter. It was less than 40 degrees on Friday night but I'm still glad we got out with our Sunday School class and celebrated Fall together. :)

We had to bundle up pretty well- Brad would caption this picture with "Nora lay there like a slug. It was her only defense."

We snuggled on the wagon and watched the sun go down as we bumped along the hills.

Nora tolerated the movement-restricting snowsuit pretty well considering she couldn't use her hands! She was the toastiest one of all of us.

Since I can get only one of my children to pose for pictures in the straw (and even then only because she can't really get out of it) I took some pictures of sweet Nora in the hay.

Carolyn enjoyed swinging at the pinata and grabbing up the yummies that fell- she got only a little trampled by the big kids. :)

Later, we sat by a big bonfire and watched the flames dance. Carolyn said the fire was "making eggs" because of the sizzling sound. :)

Saturday we went to the Growing Kids God's Way hayride with the current members and alumni of the parenting class that we are currently taking. It was such a fun day, and not as cold as Friday night had been. I coaxed the girls into letting me take some pictures of them in the fall leaves. Nora was mostly interested in eating the leaves.

But I got at least one good picture of Big Sister and Little Sister together in the Fall.

And a few pictures like this where it looks like Big is taking Little down!

After Big Sister left to go do fun Big Sisterly things (like eat cookies), I stuck around and took pictures of Little Sister. She was so fascinated by those leaves! I love how her hands are in focus in this picture and seem to be poised for motion; they are going down there to get some leaves!

Here's The Big Sister with fall leaves in the background

And the Little, surrounded by leaves and looking at me because she was born looking at the camera. :)

And then our pastor kindly took this picture of our family all together, and I love it. :)

Later, we actually went on a nice, long hayride through the beautiful fall trees.

Aren't they pretty?

Me and my punkin.

Then on the way home, we got to drive back past pretty views like these. I do love fall!
1 comment:
LOVE Nora in piggy-tails!!! Too cute. We seemed to miss Fall over here in Bulgaria too....Global Warming, I dont think so!
Post a Comment