Friday, October 9, 2009

Eight Months

Mommy says she's way behind on blogging and feels like this week just disappeared. She's super tired since she's been up at night with me (I still wake up hungry in the night!) and with some crazy esophageal spasms that are no fun at all. Her doctor says she might be getting an ulcer so she's going to try some drugs and hope that smoother nights are ahead. Mommy's been pretty droopy today and is ready for bed since she has to work all weekend, but I told her we just couldn't get by without my Eight Month post. Because I am EIGHT MONTHS OLD!

At eight months, I am in almost constant motion. Each day I spend more and more time up on hands and knees working on learning to crawl. I've taken a few "steps" this way, but most of the time still crash onto my belly to "swim" toward whatever's captured my attention.

I am thrilled with my newfound mobility! I was just pleased as punch to be able to get myself under this table to eat this tiny piece of paper.

And even more proud of myself that I could get back out again,. :)

I still like to get in a snuggle every now and then. This time, Ammy was the lucky beneficiary of my few moments of calm.

Sometimes being eight months old is very hard. You can see my TWO teeth on the bottom. More are coming. This makes me very uncomfortable. I wish it would stop.

My big sister is maybe the coolest person in my life. She is amazing. She can get anywhere she wants to and she is very, very funny. I think we are going to have a very fun time growing up together in our own little "sister club."

You should click on this picture to enlarge it and see how similar the colors of our eyes are. I think the shape might be a little different, but the color is very close!

This month's been a real milestone for me because I've finally decided to start opening my mouth to eat solid foods! Last night Daddy fed me eggs. I loved them! I still don't care for baby food, but I've been practicing anyway, and more of it is actually making its way down, so I think we're making progress.

And there's no doubt about it; I'm adorable!!

Enjoy this little video Mommy made to show you how my motor skills are progressing. Prolly only my Nana and my Ammy will watch all the way to the end, but the end is the best part. :)

2 comments:

Transplant said...

Absolutely charming!

Ammy & Papa watched it twice, just so we could catch the grin at the end!

Anonymous said...

Papa says "Perfect" Love the music and the star performer!! Miss You!!

Love, Nana & Papa

I've watched it 3 times already