
We had a very scary experience last night- sort of a nice top-off to my emotionally charged week! We were driving to Brad's parents' house and the weather was rather nasty. We were going around a cloverleaf entrance to the highway when we started to fishtail... and slip... and finally slide all the way down the steep hill and we were stuck! I was pretty scared- afraid someone else might come tumbling down the hill after us and hit us from behind where Carolyn was sitting! We prayed a lot- but I think that Someone must have been watching out for us even before we started to slide- in retrospect, it really could have been a much more dangerous experience. I'm glad Brad was driving and not me because I'm not sure I would have known what to do and we very well could have ended up rolling down the hill instead of sliding slowly without much impact at the bottom! Other than a busted headlight there doesn't seem to be any major damage to the car (although no doubt the Volvo dealership will find something expensive to fix!)

Thankfully, Carolyn handled the whole experience like champ! She asked to "gi-down" several times, but didn't cry at all and enjoyed listening to her "Voggies" (Veggie Tales cd). Her favorite song is The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round. Here she is anticipating the line in the song where the mommies on the bus go "shh! shh! shh!"
2 comments:
awww, what a little trooper!
Oh my goodness! What a scary experience. Glad to hear you're all okay!
Post a Comment