Wednesday, December 19, 2007
The Hat and the Baby
Carolyn is very interested in Opposites right now- she likes to take the hat Off and say "off" and then put it back on again and say "on!"
She is growing very attached to her baby. She is so very kind and gentle with it, it's really quite touching. She's already a very motherly little soul.
She loves to rock the baby (perhaps a little unconventionally, but maybe it works better that way :)) and burp the baby. Yesterday she had the baby lying on the ottoman and told me the baby had a poopy. She lifted the baby's little legs and asked me for a "bep" (wipe) to wipe her! She has the beginnings of an imagination! :) YES!
Here she is taking the baby and a "bot" to bed. She insisted last night on taking Baby to her own bed with her... but things didn't work out so well- she pitched the baby over the side of the crib (along with all the pipes) and then cried and cried until I came in the room and she said "Baby! Pies!" I returned them to her, but after another repetition of the same game, I told her, to her great grief, that the Baby was going to sleep out in the living room.
I think she will enjoy her Christmas present- I copied the idea from a baby/bassinet combo that costs about $45- I got the baby really inexpensively and made a liner for this basket! I'm not really much of a seamstress, but I think it turned out great! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
she's such a little mama :) how very sweet!
EB! She is so darling! I LOVE your basket too. I'm definitely going to copy that idea for Christmas next year.
Post a Comment