Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast

Yesterday was Carolyn's "Thanksgiving Feast" at her pre-K class. It's a fun thing that I get to be one of the "room moms" this year, so I get to help out with things. My cohort is an experienced room mom, so she knows exactly what to do, and helps me learn the ropes. This little party was so much fun!
 All the kids had hats like either Pilgrims or "Native Americans" (they still call them "Indians" at Carolyn's school... but I'm pretty sure that's not PC these days). I thought Carolyn looked so cute in the paper hat. :)
We feasted on fruit, cornbread, popcorn, and grape juice. I had to wake Nora up from her nap after only about 45 minutes so she was pretty grouchy the whole time... maybe next time there's a party at school, I'll get a babysitter. :)
And here's Carolyn with her beloved teacher. This woman is 100% amazing. I may have mentioned it before. But she exactly the kind of person I would love to be. She has so much energy, heart, enthusiasm, and love for God- she is someone who naturally makes everyone around her want to be the best version of themselves. I would love to be the kind of person who inspires others to be better, love God more, love life, and be thankful. Plus, she is an outstanding teacher. :)

No comments: