Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Date with Daddy

I am so thankful to be married to a man who loves his little girls like my husband does!! The older Carolyn gets the more it becomes so clear that one of her love languages is quality time. She just thrives on having special time with Mom and especially Dad! Today Brad took her on a "date." They went and ate junk food at Red Robin for lunch and then he took her ice skating! I wished I could have been there but it was their special time. :) So he took a picture and some video for us to enjoy. :)
















She really had a great time and was so proud of herself for learning to skate. :) Apparently the Red Thing was a lifesaver. :) I'm so proud of how big she is getting and glad that she and her daddy can enjoy such fun things together!!

Meanwhile, Nora was at Appletree today, and I spent several hours running around town, going all the "worst" places- like two different Targets, the post office, the grocery store, etc- BY MYSELF. The holiday craziness is indeed in full swing everywhere, but I was efficient and productive and got everything we needed. We are all ready now for Baking Day tomorrow and Christmas coming up. The only hitch in the plans is that when I went to pick Nora up at school this afternoon, they were taking care of a boy in her class who was throwing up... ugh... the FLU is going around again. Just in time for Christmas! So we're hoping that she doesn't pick this one up because NONE of us wants it!! 

It's been nice for me to blog daily again. The holiday Etsy-ness has backed off, and that's a good thing for now. I could not have sustained that pace without causing damage to my family long-term. Now I'm back to a few little things to do here and there, and a nice week of rest and rejuvenation. It's still what I WANT to be doing when I have leisure time, and I think that's a good sign that I'm doing something that's good. It's just a matter of balance. But it's fun to have so many cool things to put my hands to work on. However, it was kind of nice today to not make a SINGLE BOW. Not one. And I barely even thought about it all day, so it was a nice break. But tomorrow, I have so many ideas for new things to play with and try that I can't wait to wake up early and get down to it! :) 

No comments: