Friday, December 11, 2009

Nora: Ten Months Old!


My mommy is a little behind the times and didn't get around to my interview until late this month! I keep reminding her that I'm growing so fast that she'll just miss it altogether if she doesn't take a minute now and then to capture things! So here we pause and I'll tell you what I'm like at 10 months old. You can see from my picture that I am still full of joy! I seem to exude a sort of glow everywhere I am.

Although I'm still definitely characterized by JOY, there have been more disgruntled moments for me this month. You might see one reason for this in my mouth- I now have THREE teeth! I worked very very hard and suffered much for the new top tooth I'm sporting on my top right gum... and the second top tooth isn't far behind it. Mommy hopes we get a break from teething for awhile once that one comes in. I'm not a very happy camper (or eater!) sometimes when my mouth is hurting. :(

However, teething aside, I am quite happy most of the time. I'm very proud of my physical achievements this month. I LOVE to stand. I can walk around the furniture and I'm very interested in what will happen when I'm able to let go like my big sister. I've tried a few times, but I always fall down. I'm not discouraged by this; I just get back up and try again.


My mommy loves to see this sweet face when she comes in to rescue me from the cage/crib I sleep in. :)

My sister also loved standing up in the crib. We still look very much alike, but our differences are starting to become more apparent. Mommy says we are both beautiful, though, and Daddy agrees!

Mommy says she loves this picture because it captures where I am right now. I am nearly always in motion. I am curious about everything and I want to touch it all. It doesn't take much to distract me (especially if I am eating!) I would much rather have fun and experience it all than take time to be still and eat or sleep. I have almost no fear and no sense of discouragement when I can't do something I'm trying to do. I just try harder, and often find that I am able to accomplish my many goals. I am VERY determined.

Just in the last few days I have started mimicking the things the Big People around me do. Last night, we were singing "Hallelujah!" and I enjoyed playing along. Today I entertained a whole group of ladies at Mommy's meeting by playing peekaboo with myself and anyone else who would look at me. I am very cute.
And finally, this is what happens to me when Mommy lets Daddy do my hair. He calls it "Nora's Mop Top." It's true that I will soon need my first hair cut. But Mommy's not ready. My hair is turning out to be nice and thick like my sister's, though it is considerably darker than hers was, and Mommy thinks my eyes are darkening too, so I may turn out to be a little dark-haired, dark-eyed kid. For now, it's still a little undecided.

Sorry about Mommy dropping the ball in the video department. She needs to get some better footage of me so you can all see how amazing I am!


No comments: