Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes


For those of you unfamiliar with Luke 2's account of the angel visiting the shepherds with the good news of Christ's birth:

"And LO! An angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them and they were sore afraid! But the angel said unto them, 'Fear not! For behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you. Ye shall find the Babe, wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying 'Glory to God in the highest and on earth, Peace, good will toward men.'"

We have been acting out the Christmas story narrated by the same King James version of Luke 2 I grew up hearing each night before Christmas and it is amazing and wonderful to see Carolyn beginning to learn and internalize the Story. I especially love the expression with which she says "Lo!" She knows almost the entire chapter, but she especially likes the part with the shepherds, so that's the part I could videotape. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

They're like sponges aren't they??!!! No doubt God was smiling down on her at that moment. So precious!