Nora turned three months old on Friday! Wow! Can't believe that. She's fully past that newborn sleepiness now and definitely into the infant sweetness stage.

She is such a delight! Except when she's hungry or tired, she is essentially happy and loves to smile (though not always for the camera). She's very sweet and cuddly right now and I love nothing more than holding her and just absorbing the sunshine that seems to radiate from inside her.

Nora has grown very observant and really studies everything and everyone she sees. Oh, and don't you just LOVE her outfit?!

The biggest change I've seen in her this month is a massive increase in physical strength. She can hold her upper body quite steadily when supported from below, and can turn her head in any direction to look at whatever interests her. She has rolled over a few times from tummy to back and is starting to push up on her arms a bit in a way that makes me feel like mobility isn't as far away as I'd like to think!
Nora still looks so much like her older sister- pictures of them at the same age look almost identical! But she's got her own personality and way of relating to the world. In general, Nora isn't quite as intense as Carolyn. She is more laid back and easygoing. She tends to approach people in a more trusting way; Carolyn seems to need to figure people out. If I had to guess right now, I'd say Carolyn's inherited more of my personality traits, and Nora seems to favor more of Brad's- not a bad thing for them as sisters because the differences between Brad and I are really the very things we appreciate about each other and that make our relationship work. People like me get along really well with people like him. So hopefully Nora and Carolyn will enjoy their sister-sister relationship even more as they grow older. :)
Last of all, I had some 3-month pictures taken at JC Penney on Thursday (before the nursing strike really ramped up). Enjoy them!




5 comments:
Nora looks a lot like Carolyn in the third picture down! The 3 month pictures are adorable!
Nora smiled on me 3 or 4 times yesterday!
T.D.
Where are my wallets? Hmmmm?
(Did I forget to bring them home?)
Come see my blog, EB, I tagged you!
Becca
Nora is soooo gorgeous!!!!! I can't believe she is Three months already!! Time flies too quickly!!
Post a Comment