I missed my girls this weekend. It was my first weekend back to work... I sort of dreaded it, but really it couldn't have gone any better. I'm finding that I enjoy being at work again much sooner than I did after Carolyn was born- it took a good six months before I really LIKED being thereagain. This time, though I miss the girls, it's actually kind of nice to have a break from "mommyland."
Brad came through this weekend as SuperDad! I forgot how special it became to me last time when I went back to work and left him home to be Mr. (Dr.) Mom and saw how being the primary caretaker for a little while just deepened his bond with Carolyn, and hers with him. It is really sweet to see that starting to happen again with Nora. I'll admit, I had some doubts (it's hard to believe that anyone can take as good of care of your children as you can!)- but he just went above and beyond my expectations. He did everything I asked him to do without complaining, and both girls had a great weekend. :) Thanks honey!
I'm not sure who taught Carolyn this face... but it is a good representation of what she is like at this age! So much of what is adorable and fun about Carolyn is really hard to catch on camera- probably because she still hates the camera as much as ever! The closer she gets to three (next month already!) the more her independence and personality continues to develop- and she has now mastered the skill of being intentionally silly. She's so funny sometimes!

2 comments:
I agree, I like being away sometimes. Not to say that I don't freak sometimes. Brad seems so great! Go dad!
EB, so glad to hear your work life is going well. I have really enjoyed too the relationship that Chris and Aidan have formed without me. What a great blessing to have a mommy and a daddy! :)
Post a Comment