Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving
We went home to my parents' for Thanksgiving and found that we have a new reason to be thankful! Laura and Jon are engaged!! The house hardly needs Christmas lights because they are just glowing. :)
Jon did a great job picking out "The Ring"- it is so beautiful and shiny!!
Carolyn is excited for her first wedding experience- she's been asked to be a flower girl! :)
I refuse to post any of the post-Thanksgiving pictures of my face because I just wasn't careful enough to hide the extra chin that likes to come out when I'm really smiling (and well, there's just not going to be any way to stop those extra holiday pounds this year!)- but I loved this one of Carolyn and her Daddy! We have many reasons to be thankful this year, but topping the list is the sweetness of family and the great expectation and hope of Baby Nora coming to join us in just a few more months! The end of this year comes with a lot of uncertainty for us as to what life will look like a year from now when the holidays roll around again- it's getting close to the time when decisions must be made about where to set up a practice when Brad graduates in just SEVEN MORE MONTHS- but the uncertainty itself makes me more thankful for the constants in life; the love and provision of a great God who cares for our needs and guides our every step as we seek His wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy for your sister! I remember meeting her one day at your house before bible study when she was watching Carolyn. She's basically your twin...and I find it funny that she picked someone who looks similar to your husband! And I wouldn't doubt that he and brad have similar personalities!...well, by the looks of it anyway. Glad you had a marvelous holiday!
Post a Comment