
It feels like lately Carolyn has been taking so many steps SO fast into the big girl world! She is almost completely potty trained during the day (no complaints from Mommy here!), she talks in complete sentences now, and as of this weekend, she's moved into a Big Girl Bed! We bought the bed back in June, but being the master procrastinators we are, we finally set it up on Saturday. She loves it!! The first day was sort of surreal- not what I expected from the transition at all- she slept perfectly for both nap and bedtime with no attempt to get up. Last night... wasn't so good... she got all wound up and didn't end up finally going to sleep until around 1am! Ugh! And I have never once since she was born been able to really rest at night until I know she's safe and sound and sleeping. So this means we'll both be tired all day today- and Brad's on call! I hope tonight goes better for us all. The big girl bed makes her seem so much older to me- but really, she is! She's rapidly becoming such an independent little person; I love it! And also, I like not lugging her over the crib rail anymore! It's getting harder to hoist her up now!!
2 comments:
I like that shes still has her pipe! We are such suckers! I still can't give up the bottle with Laney! YIKES big girl beds are frightening to me! I don't want Laney to grow up!
Aww, yay for Carolyn and her big girl bed! We were talking about this the other day, when we'll have to do this with Allie because there's going to be another little kiddo needing that crib! I like how her bed has those rails on the sides, did it come that way?
Post a Comment