It was the perfect combination set for our family at this point in our lives. She took some individual pictures of Carolyn, some of the three (and a half) of us, and some to highlight Baby Nora's coming into our family.
She did a fantastic job capturing the life and sweet 2-year-old spirit of Carolyn! The pink tutu was a big hit! She also loved being allowed to jump freely on the bed! :)

I know that as Baby Nora grows, I will, too, so we could have waited and gotten "bigger" pregnancy pictures- but this turned out to be the perfect time because I wanted them for our Christmas letters- and I look pregnant without looking like a cruise ship and my face isn't terribly puffy yet. :)
I loved that it's just Brad and me in a few of the pictures. Unlike Carolyn, Baby Nora will be joining a family of three where there already is a child, and so I am glad that many of the pictures include Carolyn because she is an important part of the family waiting for its newest little member- but Baby Nora all by herself is a miracle to Mommy and Daddy- really the process of pregnancy and the delight of carrying life loses none of its sweetness and wonder just because it's something you've done before. My mom once said that it was like re-reading a really wonderful, amazing book- you pretty much know the story, but you savor every little event that occurs and it is all the sweeter for its familiarity.
I loved this idea with the tiny slippers I found for her at a consignment sale! Can't wait to see her wearing them on her tiny little feet!
This is my favorite picture I've seen so far! We're waiting for you Baby Nora! Take a few more months to grow, but we are so excited to welcome you into our family!! :)If anyone's looking for a great photographer in the Grand Rapids area, check out Kasey's website at http://www.poshphotographyonline.com . She did a fabulous job and I thought the rates were really reasonable! In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the best end of this bargain. She's coming again in February to take newborn pictures with Baby Nora. :) I can't wait! :)
7 comments:
lovely! just lovely!
EB, they are amazing! The pics came out so beautiful. I love the one of Carolyn kissing your tummy. Priceless
Love, Leah
Those are so great! I love how they capture all of you in a very natural way. I'm sure you will treasure them always!
I love all your thoughts on each photo! Thanks for the plug!
I KNOW I KNOW! I cried when i saw that last picture! SERIOUSLY! That is art, not a photograph!
Those pictures are amazing! It almost makes me want to job hunt in the Grand Rapids area so I can have your friend take pictures of us too!
these are such amazing photos!!! i love the red wall as the backdrop to your bedroom and the photos. wow!!!!
Post a Comment