Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Randomness

Things here have been pretty normal and fun with all our new fall activities starting back up- no really superb pictures, but, well, this is our life! :) Carolyn is really enjoying her little dance class. She especially loves her "tappie shoes." They were well worth the money; she delights in wearing them around the house and tapping around on the wood floors.
I still can't get over how adorable she looks in her dance outfit! :) Unfortunately she didn't get to go this week because she came down with a double ear infection on Monday afternoon just before dance class and had to spend the time at the doctor's office instead. A few doses into our amoxicillin and we're feeling much better now (it must indicate something about the strangeness of our family that Carolyn knows the word amoxicillin and looks forward to it with great joy. She was thrilled when she heard that the doctor had ordered some!) :)
Hair style courtesy of Daddy. Isn't she starting to look so much like him?!
This weekend we got both a taste of Fall and Summer. I took Carolyn to the apple orchard for some donuts and cider- and the obligatory picture next to the huge apple. A better photographer than I am could help me figure out how I could get her not to look so washed out!
Later we went out to the Jersey Junction for some Ice Cream with Nana and Papa. It was a fun day!

Tomorrow afternoon we have our "formal" ultrasound for Little Baby. I sort of get worked up a bit before stuff like this thinking about all the things that could be wrong and it's an exercise in trust for me to believe that everything will be okay. I always freak out a bit because ultrasound technicians can't (and shouldn't) tell you anything while they're doing your scan- and I'm afraid every time that they see something and aren't telling me about it. I worry... too much... I know... but at the same time I just can't wait to see her again- and get further confirmation that she is indeed a SHE. :) [although if the wallpaper on my blog suddenly turns blue tomorrow, it'd be a bit of a change in perspective... but one I'm sure I'd get used to and love!] My doctor's office does 3D ultrasounds at this appointment and so we will hopefully be able to get an idea of what her face might actually look like before we get to see it in real life in a few months.

I'll be at the official halfway point of this pregnancy tomorrow, and though in many ways the days (especially those days of nausea and fatigue that lasted most of the summer) have gone so slowly... I can't believe that we're already on the brink of this milestone! I feel so bonded with this baby already; I love to feel her jumping around in there. Maybe it's just that my uterus is stretched out a bit more than it was with Carolyn, or maybe I'm just more sensitive since this isn't my first time... but she sure seems so active! I love those little reminders that she is there. :) I'm beginning to get into the part of pregnancy that is actually really fun- when you stop just looking pudgy and begin to fill out all those cute maternity clothes, can feel the baby moving throughout the day, and before you get to the point where you OUTGROW all those things you drowned in at first but feel too fat and tired to go out and get anything new. :)

So anyway, enough rambling on. I will update tomorrow after we have our appointments so you can see the pictures. :) Please pray for me that I'd stay on the straight and narrow thought-wise, and not give into the worries that threaten to overtake my mind. And pray for sweet Little Baby, that she'd be forming well and looking very good.

5 comments:

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

So cute that Carolyn already knows the word amoxicillan!! Noah also is on that this week for an ear infection. Hope your ultrasound goes great. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update EB. I was glad to have something new to read before my travels. Please keep those pictures coming in the next few months so I can see my granddaughter. She looks so grown up in that first picture!! Sorry to read about the ear infections too. Kath

Kara said...

What setting do you use on your camera when you take pics outside? I know you use a Nikon (right?) so it might be a little different than my Canon, but I've recently experimented with some different metering and light settings that if I saw your setting options could tell you how to do to get the lighting right, especially outside.

Christi said...

We're definitely praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I am praying, and please post some of the 3d pics! I would LOVE to see them! Carolyn looks absolutely adorable in that dance outfit!