PS: we still are no closer to resolution of the Name Situation... in fact in some ways we're further away from coming to agreement on the right name... I'm working on a way to put a "suggestion box" on my blog, as I'm interested in YOUR thoughts on the perfect name for such a sweet little girl ("Little" just won't work when she's 15). If anyone knows how to do this, let me know! :)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Official. :)
It's official!! Sweet Little Baby is a GIRL! I finally believe it after it was confirmed by the ultrasound tech today- she only had to look for about half a second to make the determination... so apparently there was no doubt whatsoever. I'm not posting that picture, but I finally believe it. :) It just seemed too good to be true! In my happiest dreams of the family I someday hoped to have, I always saw sisters, but never really believed something so wonderful could happen to me. One precious daughter is more wonderful than I could have asked for- I remember thinking that many times in the days and weeks after Carolyn was born. TWO sweet little girls is just an overflowing of God's blessing. I hope He is pleased with the great joy this little one is already bringing to our family.
The ultrasound itself was a fun experience. I've done this before, so I knew what questions not to ask (the ones that are like, is my baby okay?) so I didn't really get freaked out by all the pictures the tech had to take and just enjoyed watching this little one swim around in there. She is very active! I had a doctor's appointment right afterward so that I could get the "official" report right away- and Little passed with flying colors! All the right parts in all the right places looking just as they should! Praise the Lord for His marvelous work!! :)
Here is her profile and a nice shot of her spine. It looks like she's blowing bubbles. I'm not sure why.
She wanted us to be sure we noted that she has all five fingers. :)
One of my favorite things about my doctor's office is that they have a 3D ultrasound and they do them routinely at this visit to give the mamas a sneak preview of coming attractions. I have a picture of Carolyn at this stage that looks almost exactly like the one above!
This picture to me looks really different from what I remember Carolyn looking like. Something about that sweet little face looks distinct from hers.
Here's Little, all curled up. She liked to have her hands up by her face and her knees poking up.
This picture is my favorite. I think that's such a sweet little profile. And she looks unique and different from her sister. I can't wait to see what she looks like in person! Tonight I asked Carolyn where Baby Sister lives, and she patted my tummy and said "Right Here! Come out in February!" :)
PS: we still are no closer to resolution of the Name Situation... in fact in some ways we're further away from coming to agreement on the right name... I'm working on a way to put a "suggestion box" on my blog, as I'm interested in YOUR thoughts on the perfect name for such a sweet little girl ("Little" just won't work when she's 15). If anyone knows how to do this, let me know! :)
PS: we still are no closer to resolution of the Name Situation... in fact in some ways we're further away from coming to agreement on the right name... I'm working on a way to put a "suggestion box" on my blog, as I'm interested in YOUR thoughts on the perfect name for such a sweet little girl ("Little" just won't work when she's 15). If anyone knows how to do this, let me know! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What great pictures! That last one is really neat - she is beautiful!!!
Oh she is SO pretty !! Congratulations.
Umm, I am suggesting Kaitlyn. Not Katie, but Kaitlyn. They sound alike but not exactly the same! And I think "Little" has just a little different nose than carolyn. But she is beautiful! I LOVED ALL THE PICS! Thank you for sharing! I was praying for you on wednesday!
EB, if you haven't already, check out the book The Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg. she explains baby names as the way they are perceived culturally. i just love this book! i read it at night as i go to bed. it might be very helpful in picking another name you like based off the name carolyn and other names you're interested in.
p.s. my sister's name is carolyn, so ellen may be a name you like. my parents at least liked the combo. and in high school, my sister and i have friends that were sisters name carolyn and helen. :)
aww--how neat to see what little looks like so young :)
Post a Comment