Well, it seems like every parent out there has a story like this... now we can join the club. :) I went in last night to check on Carolyn around 10:15 when I was going to bed and was immediately assaulted by the unmistakable smell of... POO! This is nothing terribly unusual in the bedroom of a 2-year-old... but the smell was unusually strong. Upon closer inspection, I found my dear daughter fast asleep with her little behind in the air (because that is how she sleeps)... and STARK NAKED! Nearby was an abandoned diaper, discarded PJ's, and a mound of POOP. For a brief second I wanted to snap a picture... but then thought better of it. Someday she might be embarrassed. The story is enough. You can imagine the details.
I quickly summoned Brad to join the cleanup crew- after we wrinkled our noses and exchanged one of those smiles that makes the rest of the world disappear because we two are the only ones who know exactly what it means to be parents of THIS sweet girl, we woke Carolyn and began decontamination. I got the fun job- I hosed her down in the bathtub- she had taken some artistic liberty with the only medium available and was... filthy. We selected new PJ's and Daddy removed all the stinky things from the crib and replaced the sheets. Then Carolyn and Mommy snuggled for a long time, with Baby Sister poking out between us to show us that she's there too, and soon will share our rocking chair times. :) It started out a bit stinky... but turned out to be one of those moments I'm sure I'll remember forever.
As a side note, they do say that unwillingness to tolerate a poopy diaper is a sign of potty training readiness... maybe we will soon give the Big Potty a real try! :)
8 comments:
That is hilarious! There's nothing more bonding than cleaning up kiddie poop in the middle of the night with your husband!
You took the words right out of my mouth !!! I had the same thing happen not too long ago with Brooklyn, but my sweet husband was at work. I was so sorry that he missed this bonding experience :-)
I can't imagine handling this situation pregnant. I do not do well with smells right now. Yikes!
It was very kind of LMC to wait until we left for this limited admission performance!
what a little artistic genius she is! i can only imagine her sleeping in that horror, completely content with her work. Hahah!
i have to admit i was laughing out loud at this one--you have a wonderful way of writing, even of such yucky things!
What a great story!
That is straight up funny! Chris and I had our own induction into the parenthood party this past week too! Did you know girls can projectile poo 3-4 feet across the room and manage to hit everything in its path on its way down the wall?!?! YEah, that was gross! Unfortunately, mommy has bad gag reflexes so Daddy had to do the majority of the clean up on this one! NASTY!!! Ah, the joys of late night parenting! We proudly join you guys!!!
Post a Comment