Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cast Your Votes

We are 17 weeks today! Our "official" ultrasound is scheduled for September 24- 3 more weeks til we can "officially" find out the sex of Little Baby... but... seeing that Daddy and Papa are in the business, there's a good chance we'll at least try to find out sooner, but there's no telling whether Little Baby will be big enough or cooperative enough when we happen to get a chance for a peek, so I'm not "counting" on any answers for a few more weeks yet. But we thought it'd be fun to see whether people think Little Baby is a boy or a girl. So cast your votes in our Blogger poll- look on the left side of the blog- feel free to comment on the reason for your choice. The comments make me laugh.

I've avoided putting any pictures of myself on this blog for weeks... but as it might be informative to your choice, I'll put our first "belly shot" up- taken last night.
Other information you may find pertinent:
-If I had to guess, I would say the baby is a boy.
-If Brad had to guess, he would say the baby is a girl.
-Carolyn says boy or girl, depending on which answer is suggested first. ;)
-Papa Irving has predicted a boy.
-The Chinese lunar calendar predicts a girl.
-This baby seems much more active than I remember Carolyn being so early! I don't feel it moving all the time, but when I do, it seems so busy, and the sensation is much stronger than what I remember at 17 weeks with Carolyn.
-The "sick" part of this pregnancy started slower, peaked later and never as intensely, and tapered off over a longer period of time than what I recall with Carolyn- I am FINALLY starting to feel pretty good again!
-I'm showing MUCH sooner than I did with her- but I'm told this always happens with subsequent children...
-I pretty much "crave" the same things I did with Carolyn: lots and lots and lots of milk, and pizza pretty much every day. The only differences I've been able to tell so far is that instead of Red Baron self-rising crust pizza which was my favorite pizza when I was pregnant with Carolyn, this baby seems to prefer Digiorno. :) Also I have found peanut butter crackers to be a lifesaver when it comes to getting prenatal vitamins to stay down.

Okay, so what do YOU think?!! Vote in the poll or leave a comment- it'll be fun to look back once we "know." And of course, we'll share the info as soon as we have any! :)

11 comments:

EB said...

Going on a gut instinct, I think the baby is a boy! I think that you guys would enjoy having a boy this time around. :)

Transplant said...

I'm thinking boy. I think that because Brad is one of two boys, so there have to be some "boy-producing" genes in there. Of course, your dad is one of three boys who never had a son, so that pretty much blows that theory out of the water!

Transplant said...

Also, did you know you can add a poll as a sidebar? Go to your layout, add a gadget, find poll and click the plus sign. You might like it.

Kara said...

I voted in the sidebar poll (and learned something from your mom there), and I have absolutely no scientific/old wives' tales reasons for any of my gender deciding methods, but I say girl. I sort of think that people from families are destined to have all girls (unless they have a whole bunch of kids, in which case it just seems logical that eventually a boy could sneak in) but I think the first few tend to be girls. I'm basing this on the fact that I know of 5 other families that consisted of 3 girls and there are no grandsons in any of them (although to be fair, one is you and one is me, and we've only produced one girl each so far!) And my dad was one of three boys too! So, I say girl. :) But if it's a boy, I'll enjoy shopping for boy clothes for you, since it's something fun and different!

Kara said...

Sorry- I meant to say "people from families of three girls are destined to have all girls."

Michelle said...

I'm with Kara- it's a girl. The whole 3 girl thing leading to 3 more girls... sounds like a pattern to me!

Elise said...

I said boy, because I can't imagine my life without brothers (although I know you can't imagine your life WITH them!) So I think it would be fun, and therefore I will cater my guess to what I like :)

It's very scientific. I'd explain further, but I don't want to hurt anyone's brain.

Anonymous said...

I think girl, mostly because I LOVE little girls! Gymboree can be so addicting!

The Millers said...

I think it's a boy! Grant needs another boy to play with at church. That is since I am praying God has the perfect job for Brad right here in great GR!! :)

Anonymous said...

i'll just say the last time i voted on such a topic, i was right... but that was likely just complete random-ness!

MayaMama said...

I'm saying boy because we had a girl first, too, and now we're having a boy. Maybe you will, too! I know, very scientific... :)