Today we got together with Krysia and Garrett for a morning at the park. The one we planned to go to was closed, so we ended up at a new park for Carolyn and me. It turned out to be a great pick! We had a wonderful time- and I brought along "The Beast" (huge, wonderful, beautiful new camera) to take some pictures of the kids having fun... since I know I've been a bit slow on pictures lately. :)

Michigan weather is nothing if not unpredicatable! We've had some uncharacteristically cool days for August and some of the trees are actually starting to turn colors already! And even the green leaves are starting to take on the tinge of "old summer green," which means they are thinking of the reds and yellows and oranges they'll be putting on soon. Every year when the first hint of chill begins to hit the air, something inside me seems to come alive. I don't think I could live in a place where there wasn't Fall. I hope we don't get cheated out of this most wonderful season this year- last year it stayed summer warm until mid-October and then we only had a few weeks of Fall until it was Winter (FOREVER). Maybe this time we'll just get to have an extra long, beautiful fall to enjoy. I can always hope. :)

We brought along the bubble blower that Aunt Katy and Uncle Doug and Emily gave Carolyn for her birthday.

She's finally mastered the trick of blowing so that bubbles actually come forth from the bubble wand.

Carolyn was eager to share her new skills with Garrett- who was actually pretty good at it, but always approached the wand like he wanted to eat it- before starting to blow. :)

I love the look of wonder on his face- there's just nothing so fresh and beautiful as a child exploring and discovering the world for the very first time!

Of course no photo-documented trip to the park would be complete without a slide picture. Carolyn is increasingly independent on the play structures and now she is brave enough to go down even "big" slides without any help. I can't believe what a big girl she is now!!

It was really good to see our friends- since I stopped watching Garrett at the beginning of the summer, we just don't get to hang out nearly as much. But the kids still get along great and seem to really enjoy one another. Hopefully our next babies will be friends, too- the "pregnancy water" in our pharmacy seems to have reactivated (the last time it started, there were four babies born in 13 months...), and Krysia's expecting her second in April- just 7 weeks behind me this time. I had hoped that we would be able to be pregnant together again, and I'm glad God answered that prayer- even if my friend is still a little shellshocked at moments. :)
1 comment:
Looks like you had a lot of fun! What park did you go to?
Post a Comment